11/13/13

Self-Esteem or Christ Esteem? Having a High View of God

Last month I had the opportunity to speak at two women's "Rejuvenate" conferences in New Hampshire. I was doing a new workshop, entitled "Self Esteem or Christ Esteem? Developing a High View of God, and a Biblical View of Self."

As this was the first time I had given this presentation, I was a little nervous about how it would be received. I spoke immediately before a woman who pastors a Congregationalist church and had penned a children's book about our special-ness. I emphasized the difference in who we are in our carnal, unregenerate state vs. who we are in Christ. The last portion of my talk drew heavily from 1 John about our position in Christ and what that means practically. (See chapter in my book "Your Position in Christ - a Slave to Sin No Longer").

The presentation was extremely well-received, and the feedback I received from the women present far exceeded my expectations. They are hungry - for biblical teaching. Women are tired of the fluff at conferences, telling them how great they are and how in love with them Jesus is....they want solid, biblical teaching that will direct them to the Word and help them overcome spiritual struggles. I hope in some small way I was able to do that. An excellent talk on the importance of gratitude was given by another speaker, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please leave me a message, share your testimony, or feel free to ask questions. Anonymous comments are welcome. Or e-mail me privately at marie4thtimemom@yahoo.com.